How to Find an Inpatient Alcohol Rehab Center Near You
Alcoholism is a common but devastating condition that affects millions of Americans each year. According to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA), nearly 30 million people struggled with an alcohol use disorder in 2021.
If you or a loved one deals with alcoholism, it’s time to consider professional help. Allowing alcoholism to go untreated can result in worsened mental health, the development of serious health conditions, and even life-threatening effects like alcohol poisoning. By attending an inpatient alcohol rehab center near you, you can receive the tools and support you need to maintain long-term sobriety.
Once you’ve decided to enter treatment, you have to find a program that is right for you. Finding an inpatient alcohol rehab center near you that will suit your needs can be difficult, especially if you’ve never been to treatment before. Thankfully, there are ways to make this process easier on yourself.
Ways to Find an Inpatient Alcohol Rehab Center Near You
Choosing to attend inpatient alcohol treatment is one of the most important decisions you will make in your life. The best way to make a sound decision about your treatment is to consider each of the following factors.
Contact Your Insurance
Alcohol rehab is covered by insurance. If you have health insurance, the first thing you should do is contact your provider. You can ask them for a list of in-network treatment programs that accept your insurance. Because inpatient alcohol rehab can be expensive, this is the best way to ensure that you can afford the program you are interested in.
Ask for a Referral
If you do not have health insurance or want a more personal recommendation on local facilities, you can ask a doctor or a mental health provider for a referral. The doctor making the referral will take your history, personality, and needs into consideration as well as the facility’s reputation before recommending one to you. A professional referral can help you rest assured that you are entering a reputable inpatient alcohol rehab center in your area.
Work With an Addiction Counselor
Lastly, if you want in-depth assistance in finding an inpatient alcohol rehab program that suits your needs you might want to consider speaking with an addiction counselor. These experts will get to know you, your history, and your needs by providing in-depth assessments. Additionally, addiction counselors will continue to work with you throughout your entire recovery journey to provide you with support and guidance rather than only providing you with a referral to a treatment center.
If you’d like to discuss your alcohol rehab options in South Carolina, please contact our team at South Carolina Addiction Interventions today.
Important Qualities to Look for in an Inpatient Alcohol Rehab Center
When you are looking at different inpatient alcohol rehab programs, you want to make sure you are choosing the best one for your needs. Several qualities indicate whether the program you are looking at is reputable and effective.
When looking for a local inpatient alcohol rehab program to attend, choose one with the following qualities:
- Licensing/accreditation – Reputable inpatient alcohol rehab centers near you will have some form of licensing or accreditation that proves they are operating up to industry standards.
- Highly qualified staff members – The best alcohol rehab programs will employ experts in the substance abuse field. This ensures that you receive the highest level of care possible.
- Individualized treatment planning – Programs that use individualized treatment planning provide you with services specific to your needs rather than using a one-size-fits-all approach.
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT )- Highly rated inpatient rehabs will include the option to engage in medication-assisted treatment. This type of treatment involves the use of medications to lessen withdrawal symptoms and prevent cravings or relapse.
- Co-occurring disorder treatment – Most inpatient alcoholism treatment centers will offer their clients treatment for any co-occurring mental illness they might be facing.
- Evidence-based behavioral therapies – Evidence-based behavioral therapies are therapies that are proven effective in treating substance use disorders.
- Aftercare planning – The best inpatient alcoholism treatment programs will facilitate aftercare planning to ensure that you receive the tools and services you need to remain sober after you leave the facility.
Find an Inpatient Alcohol Rehab Program Near You
If you or a loved one struggles with alcoholism, it’s time to seek professional treatment. Deciding to enter treatment can be scary, but the support and tools you will receive make it all worth it.
While finding a reputable inpatient alcohol rehab center near you can be difficult, you have come to the right place. At South Carolina Addiction Treatment Center, we provide our clients with the highest level of care possible along with evidence-based treatments and individualized services.
South Carolina Addiction Treatment is a state-licensed and CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) accredited substance abuse treatment facility. We are a dual-diagnosis facility with a primary focus on substance abuse. We offer individualized, extended-term treatment in an intimate setting located in Greenville / Simpsonville, SC.
To learn more about our alcohol addiction treatment center, contact us today.
- The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA): Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) in the United States: Age Groups and Demographic Characteristics, Retrieved August 2023 From https://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohols-effects-health/alcohol-topics/alcohol-facts-and-statistics/alcohol-use-disorder-aud-united-states-age-groups-and-demographic-characteristics
Medically Reviewed: June 22, 2023
All of the information on this page has been reviewed and verified by a certified addiction professional.